Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentines Day

Last friday was Valentines Day and a good reminder about what makes being self employed worth it. Besides the joys (and pitfalls) of owning your own business, you can have a somewhat flexible schedule. This means getting to go visit my boys at school for their Valentine's Day party, giving me a better glimpse into their daily life (the part that happens while Im at home drawing monsters and such). It made them happy and made my day. I was also able to spare a couple hours and make the boys valentines. New Super Mario Bros 3D World Land something or other cat power for the win. I will save you all the sappy love stuff and just say that my wife has been great, helpful and patient as I started my freelance career. She is the best.

Since we are talking about V-Day, you should check out the Month of Love blog. Carly Janine Mazur is one of my favorite new artist finds from Illuxcon last year and she has a few pieces on there. Check it out.

No comments: