Saturday, February 1, 2014

I am the Overlord!

It is always fun to get a book or game in the mail that you contributed work on. Having samples are great. But when those samples happen to be beer from one of your favorite breweries, it can't get any better. Today my buddy and collaborator Matt Wagner (wgnrdsgn.com) was in town. He brought these…


Matt and another longtime friend and colleague, Aaron Tanner (melodicvirtue.com) have won numerous awards for their branding and design work for Tin Man Brewing Company. I have to say, I truly love the beer. Their Alloy IPA is one of my all time favorites. When Matt asked if I would like to help make the Overlord can, I had to say yes. Its a robot. Its called overlord. Its beer. All winners in my book. 


Here are two of the half dozen sketches that I started with. I recreated it in Adobe Illustrator using a scan of the sketch that Matt and I felt worked best with the can's vertical constraints. These are tall ones! Once I had a good start on it I sent it to Matt who worked on it a bit and then returned it. Back and forth it went several times till we felt we had it. I have always enjoyed working with Matt on creative projects like these. The next flavor may still be under and NDA but I can say it is already off to the printers and I can wait to see it. Matt and both feel its better than the first.

If your in Evansville, stop by Tin Man and give their food and beer a try. Don't forget to say hi to the life sized robot too. 


Now, time to open one of these fellas up… Cheers!






No comments: